The MOAB Outpost is based on the OZ Trail tent rather than the standard Roof Top Tents of our other trailers. Although this tent costs about $1400 more than a comparable RTT it comes with a full-length awning and does not require a tent lift to accommodate the vestibule for extra sleeping capacity. This all translates to overall savings in options bringing the finished cost inline with the MOAB Fort XL pricing.
The biggest difference with the two trailers is the OZ Trail tent opens to create a room adjacent to the bed allowing all campers to be in the same tent at two levels, with a king-size bed on the trailer and others camping on air mattresses on the tent floor. With optional awning walls this trailer can easily sleep a dozen people.
The Outpost is also 16" longer than the Fort XL and 32" longer than the Fort giving you a much larger cargo area. Because the Outpost uses a trailer tent we are only able to mount 31” tires, which allows us to keep the tent low enough to open to the ground.
- Trailer Weight: Approx. 1850 lbs. (Base) to approx. 1925 lbs. (Summit)
- Ground Clearance: 16 in
- Chassis Length: 13.0 ft
- Chassis Width: 6.0 ft
- Trailer Height: 4.8 ft
- Standard Enclosed Storage: 43.8 ft³
- Galley Size (Summit Package only): 43″L x 22″W x 13″H
- Galley Preparation Table (Summit Package only): 44″L x 12″W
- Aluminum Front Box Enclosed Storage (Summit package only): 6.7 ft³
- Trailer Axle: 3500 lb Torsion Axle de-rated to 2500 lbs
- Wheel and Tires: Aluminum with 31 x 9.50 x R15
- Rear Receiver Hitch: 2 in x 2 in
- Trailer Coupler: 2" ball